THE SKATEPLAZA IS NOW OPEN! PLEASE FOLLOW CDC SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES WHEN ATTENDING.
The Bethlehem Skateplaza is a 23,000 square foot oasis for skaters and bikers. Located at 1325 Steel Ave, Bethlehem, PA 18015 in South Bethlehem (across from the Wind Creek Casino), the Bethlehem Skateplaza is open from dawn to dusk every day of the year, weather permitting. It has the ability to host events, competitions, and classes for young skaters and bikers. If you have questions, please call the Recreation Office Monday through Friday, 8am-4:30pm.
The Bethlehem Skateplaza Story
The construction of the Bethlehem Skateplaza is the culmination of years of community input, town meetings, and fund raising events. Over the years, skateboarders, BMXers, community leaders, and parents have recognized the need to provide a safe place for the rising number of action sports enthusiasts in the City. The Skateplaza addresses that need, giving skaters and bikers a designated space to perform the sport they enjoy.
Embodying innovation that has been reviewed by nationally known skate designers, the Bethlehem Skateplaza is rumored to be, “The new standard for skateplazas.” For those engaged in high action sports, the Skateplaza will be like none ever experienced. For non-riders, the Plaza will function as a passive space to watch the action, gather for fellowship, or simply relax outdoors.
At more than 750 ft. long, the Plaza will be a one of a kind venue capable of supporting national skate and/or BMX events, or celebrations and festivals where crowds can assemble allowing the local economy to benefit.
When are the hours of the plaza?
- The park will be open dawn to dusk.
Where is Bethlehem Skateplaza?
Does it cost anything?
- The Bethlehem Skateplaza is located on the South Bethlehem Greenway, a rails-to-trails project that transformed approximately 3 miles of an old railroad bed into a recreational and pedestrian open space area. The Skateplaza itself is located directly across the street from the Wind Creek Casino - Bethlehem. An estimated five million tourists a year will drive by the Bethlehem Skateplaza to enter the Wind Creek Casino!
Is it a skatepark or skateplaza?
- The Skateplaza is a public park and is free.
How big is the plaza?
- The Bethlehem Skateplaza replicates streetscape obstacles such as handrails, benches, staircases, and sculptures. A Plaza provides greater diversity than traditional skateparks. For non-riders, the plaza will function as a passive space.
Are bikes allowed?
- The plaza currently covers a half acre of land and is integrated into the South Bethlehem Greenway.
- Yes, the Plaza is designed in a way to allow skateboarders, BMXers, and In-line skating.