BETHLEHEM POLICE DEPARTMENT HIGHLIGHTS AND BENEFITS
- Pension plan: 50% after 20 years of service, no minimum age requirement
- Plus matching contributions toward deferred compensation
- Health insurance with Capital Blue Cross, offering several custom plans for you and your family
- Life Insurance, Dental Plans and Optical Plans for you and your family and individual and family prescription plan.
- Tuition reimbursement, up to $15,000 per year - $7,500 per semester, available for continuing education toward bachelors, masters
- Financial bonus for bachelors, masters and law degrees after five years of service
- Sick leave with payment for unused sick days after maximum is achieved
- Uniforms and equipment provided by the department including ballistic vests plus clothing allowances for both uniform and non-uniform officers
- Five weeks vacation for top level officers, four personal days per year for all officers plus funeral leave and military leave policies
- No residency requirement
- Patrol Officers work a 5-3/5-2 schedule (five days worked – three days off, five days worked – two days off) with three platoons that rotate day and middle shifts, and voluntary steady night shift
- Differential pay for various shifts, overtime pay with option of compensatory time, 13 paid holidays with bonus pay and longevity pay based on time in service
- Court appearance plan
- Officers are members of the Fraternal Order of Police
Above benefits are contractual agreements between the Bethlehem Police Department and the City of Bethlehem and are valid through 12/31/2022.