Electronic waste or e-waste describes electrical or electronic devices. Electronics waste recycling is the process of recovering material from old devices to use in new products. Used electronics which are destined for refurbishment, reuse, resale, salvage recycling through material recovery, or disposal are also considered e-waste. Call your respective county to provide electronic waste recycling information OR visit www.gersolutions.net
for more details on electronic waste recycling.
Household Hazardous Waste
Any material that is flammable, corrosive, reactive, or toxic is considered to be a "household hazardous waste" and must be handled and disposed of correctly. Call your respective county to provide hazardous waste recycling information.
Lehigh County 610-782-3073
or visit www.lehighcounty.org
Northampton County 610-829-6500
or visit www.northamptoncounty.org
If you have household hazardous waste, please follow these guidelines:
- Never mix hazardous materials together. This could result in a dangerous chemical reaction.
- Keep all products in their original containers; do not remove the labels.
- Tightly seal all lids and caps.
- For containers that cannot be tightly closed, place them in a sealed plastic bag.
- Keep materials away from children and pets.
Since a large portion of household hazardous waste consists of unwanted paint and used motor oil, we can offer these suggestions for you:
PAINT - USE THIS PROCEDURE TO DISPOSE OF PAINT (LATEX PAINT ONLY):
- Mix cat litter into paint.
- Leave lid off until paint is completely dried. (at this point, it is no longer toxic)
- Put out for your garbage collection, leaving lid off so it is visibly dried-out.
- Use this procedure to dispose of LATEX PAINT ONLY. If you have oil based paint, please refer to your county for instructions (phone numbers listed above)
- Check with your auto repair shop to see if they would be willing to accept your used motor oil. Many auto repair businesses offer this service to their customers.
- Click here for Tire, battery, and oil recycling locations.