What are the City’s housing inspection requirements when a property is being sold?
All properties must be inspected by the City of Bethlehem prior to transfer of title. The property must comply with the International Property Maintenance Code and allowable use the by the City of Bethlehem Zoning Ordinance.
The owner must call the City for an inspection within 10 days of offering the property for sale to schedule the code inspection. This applies to residential properties as well as commercial.
See Article 1731

What does the City require if I am renting out my home or an apartment unit?
All residential rental units must be licensed annually and are subject to an inspection every three years

This will allow staff to maintain essential information about owners and occupants and will ensure the overal well-being of properties within the city while making sure those units are appropriately maintained and code compliant.

As the owner of a rooming house, what are my responsibilities?
An annual rooming house license inspection is required by the City of Bethlehem. The license shall expire at the end of the calendar year in which it was inspected.
See Article 1735

As the owner of a rental property occupied by students or unrelated people, what are my responsibilities?
See Article 1739

What are the inspection fees?
See Article 1731

How do I schedule a housing inspection for sale/rental?
Contact our office at (610) 865-7091 or (610) 865-7097, Monday through Friday between 8:00am and 4:30pm