When is a permit needed?
A Building Permit is required whenever a property owner is constructing, altering, enlarging, repairing or demolishing a building, structure or tenant space.
A building permit is required for all of the following:
Is a permit required for replacement windows?
- Change of use of a property
- Patios, sidewalks and driveways
- Finishing a basement
How much does a permit cost?
- No, if the windows fit in the same opening without additional framing or blocking.
How long does it take to process a permit?
- It depends on the type and cost of work. Fee schedules can be found online or obtained by contacting the Bureau of Code Enforcement.
- We have 15 days to review permit applications for residential work and 45 days for commercial work. Who can apply and pay for a permit? The owner, a builder, or authorized agent for building and mechanical permits, registered plumber for plumbing permits and registered electrician for electrical permits.