Theis/Cornfield Recycling Center:
635 Illick's Mill Rd.
Bethlehem, PA 18017
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Tuesday - Saturday: 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday & Monday: CLOSED
|Facility closed during the following holidays:
|New Year's Day
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day
|Election Day (May)
|Election Day (November)
These items are accepted at The Theis/Cornfeld Recycling Center on Illick's Mill Road:
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY AND UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING ANY STYROFOAM MATERIAL AT THE THEIS/CORNFELD RECYCLING CENTER LOCATED ON ILLICK'S MILL ROAD.
- Clear, green and brown glass (with labels and caps). We do not accept ornamental glass, drinking glasses, porcelain dishes, ceramics or window pane glass.
- Food-grade cans of steel, tin, bimetallic and aluminum; empty aerosol cans; no formed aluminum containers
- MOST # 1 through #7 plastics (remove caps and crush) (NO plastic bags, film, plastic toys) All items must be SMALLER THAN a 5 gallon bucket
- Newspapers (including inserts) tied in manageable bundles or in brown paper bags
- All books (hard & soft cover), magazines, catalogs, gift wrap, cards and shiny paper
- Corrugated cardboard and flatboard (tears brown, gray or white) PLEASE SEPARATE CORRUGATED CARDBOARD FROM FLATBOARD. All materials must be DRY and not soiled (ie: paint, oil, food moisture, chemicals, etc). Wet cardboard and flatboard will not be accepted.
- Mixed office paper, envelopes (with or without windows), index cards, manila folders, carbonless forms, shredded papers, calculator tape, copier and computer paper, etc.
- Telephone directories
- Scrap metals (includes anything that's at least half metal) (NO oxygen tanks, propane tanks; NO sealed vessels) NO PAINT CANS Motorized equipment such as lawn mowers must have gas and oil drained completely.
- No electronics (televisions, computer equipment, cellphones, etc.)
- Textiles: old clothes, paired shoes, belts, handbags/purses, drapes/curtains, towels, sheets & pillow cases, blankets, table cloths, fabric remnants no larger than 5’X7’. Not accepted: Pillows, carpet or carpet remnants, canvas and rags. Materials should be not be soiled or shredded and must be in clear plastic bags.
- White Goods, IE: Large appliances such as washers, dryers, ovens, stoves. We DO NOT ACCEPT dishwashers, air conditioners, refrigerators, freezers or any type of appliance that uses freon.
THE CITY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT CERTAIN RECYCLABLE MATERIALS BASED UPON CONSTANTLY CHANGING MARKET CONDITIONS. WE SUGGEST YOU CONTACT OUR OFFICE FOR CLARIFICATION IF UNSURE OF ANY ITEMS YOU WISH TO RECYCLE AT OUR FACILITY.
For the safety of all our residents, employees and your beloved animals, pets are not permitted in the Theis/Cornfeld Recycling Center.
During Summer and Winter months when real feel temperatures approach 100 or 0, this facility may close unexpectedly.