635 Illick's Mill Rd.
Bethlehem, PA 18017
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Tuesday - Saturday: 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday & Monday: CLOSED
These items are accepted at The Theis/Cornfeld Recycling Center on Illick's Mill Road:
- Clear, green and brown glass (with labels and caps)
- Food-grade cans of steel, tin, bimetallic and aluminum; empty aerosol cans; no formed aluminum containers
- # 1 through #7 plastics (remove caps and crush) (NO plastic bags, film, plastic toys) All items must be SMALLER THAN a 5 gallon bucket
- Newspapers (including inserts) tied in manageable bundles or in brown paper bags
- All books (hard & soft cover), magazines, catalogs, gift wrap, cards and shiny paper
- Corrugated cardboard and flatboard (tears brown or gray) PLEASE SEPARATE CORRUGATED CARDBOARD FROM FLATBOARD
- Mixed office paper, envelopes (with or without windows), index cards, manila folders, carbonless forms, shredded papers, calculator tape, copier and computer paper, etc.
- Telephone directories
- Scrap metals (includes anything that's at least half metal) (NO propane tanks; NO sealed vessels) NO PAINT CANS Motorized equipment such as lawn mowers must have gas and oil drained completely.
- No electronics (televisions, microwaves, computer equipment, cellphones, etc.)
- Textiles (old clothes, paired shoes, curtains, purses, belts, remnants 15 X 15 or larger) NO PILLOWS, RUGS, CARPETS OR CANVAS. MUST BE IN CLEAR, PLASTIC BAGS.
- White goods, i.e. large appliances, certified freon-free*
- Styrofoam - Must snap when you bend it - no foam (which bends)
*Certified Freon Free: All freon must be removed and appliance tagged with certification sticker.
NO PEANUTS. NO STYROFOAM MEAT TRAYS, NO STYROFOAM EGG CARTONS, NO STYROFOAM TAKE OUT CONTAINERS OR STYROFOAM CUPS.
We provide FREE shredding
services for businesses and private individuals. Call 610-865-7082
for information or to schedule an appointment.
For the safety of all our residents, employees and your beloved animals, pets are not permitted in the Theis/Cornfeld Recycling Center.