The City of Bethlehem uses an independent third party tool to provide automated language translation. As with any machine translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not fully translate text into its intended meaning. Therefore, the City of Bethlehem does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text and it should not be relied upon for anything other than informational purposes. We recommend that if you experience difficulty, or doubt the accuracy of the translation, you contact the proper City of Bethlehem department for the information you seek. Please note that some applications and or services may not work as expected when translated.
C-G GENERAL COMMERCIAL DISTRICT
The purpose of this district is to encourage the proper development of future commercial areas in newly developed, undeveloped or redeveloped areas by individually or corporately owned and operated retail trade service, professional, financial and recreational enterprises which serve the manifested and foreseeable needs of adjacent and surrounding districts and to prevent traffic and parking congestion.
A building may be erected or used and a lot may be used or occupied for any of the following purposes, and no other, subject to the applicable provisions of Article 1318, "General Regulations", and other applicable provisions of this and other City Ordinances.
(a) The following uses are permitted by right:
(1) All residential uses, including apartments or dwellings above commercial uses.
(2) Retail and service use. Use must be enclosed within a building.
(3) Bank, Saving and Loan Association.
(4) Restaurant and drive-in restaurant. (Outdoor dining may be permitted between the hours of 6:00 A.M. and midnight as long as an encroachment permit is also approved by the Public Works Department, if necessary).
(5) Business or professional office.
(6) Dry cleaning, pressing and clothes dyeing shop, limited to a dry cleaning operation of a retail nature where the work handled comes directly from the customer to the shop. The cleaning and drying processes shall be carried on in a building or portion thereof having no more than 250 square feet of area and located at least fifty (50) feet from any Residential District.
(7) Kennel, pet shop and veterinary establishment. Entire use must be enclosed within a building.
(8) Membership clubs, meeting, banquet, and dance halls.
(9) Business, trade, or dance school, or similar use.
(10) Commercial Communication Towers and Antennas.
[See Section 1318.28A]
(b) None of the permitted uses for this district are required to have conditional approval.
(c) The following uses and their customary accessory uses when authorized by a special exception by the Zoning Hearing Board may be permitted, subject also to the provisions of Article 1325:
(1) Motor vehicle sales and service agencies.
(2) Conversions [See Section 1325.08(b)].
(3) Any use not specified in Section 1311.02(a) or 1311.02(c) shall require approval by special exception from the Zoning Hearing Board.
(4) Temporary shelter, overnight shelter, or rehabilitation facility.
(d) Accessory uses customary with and incidental to any aforesaid use in this Article are permitted unless otherwise excluded by these regulations.
(See Article 1318).
(See Article 1319).
(See Article 1320).
(See Article 1321).