The City of Bethlehem uses an independent third party tool to provide automated language translation. As with any machine translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not fully translate text into its intended meaning. Therefore, the City of Bethlehem does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text and it should not be relied upon for anything other than informational purposes. We recommend that if you experience difficulty, or doubt the accuracy of the translation, you contact the proper City of Bethlehem department for the information you seek. Please note that some applications and or services may not work as expected when translated.
C-B COMMERCIAL BUSINESS DISTRICT
The purpose of this zoning district is to provide for an orderly coordinated development of varied commercial business and office uses in combination with limited intensive residential development in the central business area and to encourage excellence of design in the development of properties.
A building may be erected or used and a lot may be used or occupied for any of the following purposes, and no other, subject to the applicable provisions of Article 1318, "General Regulations", and other applicable provisions of this and other City Ordinances.
(a) The following uses are permitted by right:
(1) Multiple family dwelling (maximum height of 3-1/2 stories).
(2) Single family attached dwelling.
(3) Hotel, motor lodge and motel.
(4) Retail and service use. Use must be enclosed within a building.
(5) Bank, brokerage firm, insurance agency and other financial institutions.
(6) Business or professional office.
(7) Theater, auditorium, museum, library and other civic and cultural facility including an amusement and recreational facility. Use must be enclosed within a building.
(8) Restaurant for the sale and consumption of food and beverage without drive-in service. (Outdoor dining may be permitted between the hours of 6:00 A.M. and midnight as long as an encroachment permit is also approved by the Public Works Department, if necessary).
(9) Radio and television broadcasting studio and transmission
(10) Printing, newspaper publishing and bookbinding.
(11) Governmental use and public utility installation.
(12) Church and related uses, school and educational institution.
(13) Funeral home.
(14) Club organized for fraternal or social purposes and philanthropic institutions.
(15) Meeting and banquet halls.
(16) Office and studio, including wholesale office and showrooms with storage limited to samples.
(17) Passenger terminal facility, including taxi stand, bus and rail passenger station and shelter.
(18) The following uses, provided that all processing activities, including testing located on the ground floor, be located not less than twenty (20) feet from the front of the building and be effectively screened by a wall or partition from the front of the building:
Blueprinting and photostatic establishment.
Confectionery and bakery for making products only for retail sale on the premises.
Dry cleaning and clothes pressing establishment operated without the use of inflammable cleaning agents.
Frozen food locker.
Job printing shop.
Laboratory, research, testing and experimental use not involving any danger of fire or explosion or any offensive noise, vibration, smoke, dust, odor, glare, heat or other objectionable influence.
Photographic developing and printing establishment.
(19) Commercial Communication Towers and Antennas.
[See Section 1318.28A]
(b) The following uses and their customary accessory uses may be permitted following a review and recommendation by the Planning Commission in accord with the provisions of Article 1322:
(1) Multiple family dwelling (over 3-1/2 stories in height).
(2) Department store.
(3) Parking lot and structure.
(c) The following uses and their customary accessory uses, when authorized by a special exception by the Zoning Hearing Board, may be permitted, subject also to the provisions of Article 1325:
(1) Motor vehicle sales and service agency, provided the use is enclosed within a building.
(2) Conversions [See Section 1325.08(b)].
(3) Temporary shelter, overnight shelter, or rehabilitation facility.
(d) Accessory uses on the same lot and customarily incidental to the aforementioned uses in this Article are permitted, including:
(1) Private garage space for the storage of commercial vehicles.
(2) Dwelling units incidental to the principal structure and use.
(See Article 1318).
(a) No off-street parking shall be required of the applicant for uses in the C-B District.
(b) Although off-street parking shall not be required of an applicant, should such be nonetheless provided by him, it shall conform to Section 1319.03.
(c) The off-street loading requirement shall in no way be affected by paragraph (a) of this Section and shall be provided in accordance with Section 1319.04 and 1319.05.
(See Article 1320).
(See Article 1321).