The City of Bethlehem uses an independent third party tool to provide automated language translation. As with any machine translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not fully translate text into its intended meaning. Therefore, the City of Bethlehem does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text and it should not be relied upon for anything other than informational purposes. We recommend that if you experience difficulty, or doubt the accuracy of the translation, you contact the proper City of Bethlehem department for the information you seek. Please note that some applications and or services may not work as expected when translated.
BETHLEHEM CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2014 – 7:00 PM
TOWN HALL – 10 EAST CHURCH STREET – BETHLEHEM, PA
Invocation – Reverend Jeffrey Gissing, First Presbyterian Church of Bethlehem
Pledge to the Flag.
1. Roll Call.
Prior to the consideration of the regular Agenda items, City Council will conduct a Public Hearing to consider the Proposed 2015 CDBG and HOME Programs and the 2015-2019 Consolidated Plan.
2. Approval of Minutes – October 7, 2014
3. Public Comment. (for public comment on Ordinances and Resolutions to be voted on by Council this evening – 5 Minute Time Limit)
4. Old Business.
A. Old Business – Members of Council
B. Tabled Items
1. Bill No. 28 – 2014 – Amending Article 304 – First Responder’s Fee/Amusement
A. City Solicitor – Use Permit Agreement for Public Property – Greater Lehigh Valley
Chamber of Commerce – Christmas City Village
B. City Council Member Resignation – Karen Dolan
C. Mayor – Request to Fill Vacancy – Bureau of Streets
D. Director of Community and Economic Development – Authorization for
Contract – Republic Services – Curbside Recycling
E. Director of Community and Economic Development – Authorization for
Contract – Victory Gardens – Onsite Processing of Yardwaste and Leaves
F. City Solicitor – Revised Street Vacation Ordinance – Portion of Ninth Avenue and
A. President of Council
1. Administrative Order – Tomacene Nickens – Civil Service Board
2. Administrative Order – Dr. Joseph Lennert, Jr. – Civil Service Board
3. Administrative Order – Luke Cunningham– Civil Service Board
4. Administrative Order – Dr. Tiana Shekari – Civil Service Board
5. Administrative Order – Rosalee Sabo – Civil Service Board
6. Administrative Order – William Lee, Sr. – Civil Service Board
C. Parks and Public Property Committee (Ms. Reuscher)
D. Community Development Committee (Mr. Callahan)
7. Ordinances for Final Passage.
A. Bill No. 29 – 2014 – Amending General Fund Budget – Health Bureau, Police
Department, EMS Bureau
B. Bill No. 30 – 2014 – Amending Article 157 – Civil Service Board
C. Bill No. 31 – 2014 – Bond Issue – Refinancing Non-Utility Capital Bond Issues; Refinancing Pension Bond Issue of 2004 – Police and Fire Pension Funds; New Pension Bond Issue - PMRS
8. New Ordinances.
B. Authorizing Use Permit Agreement for Public Property – Greater Lehigh Valley
Chamber of Commerce – 2014 Doggie Day
C. Certificate of Appropriateness – 428 Main Street
D. Certificate of Appropriateness – 58 East Wall Street
E. Certificate of Appropriateness – 518 Main Street
F. Certificate of Appropriateness – 438 Center Street
G. Certificate of Appropriateness – 254 East Church Street
H. Authorizing Contract – Republic Services – Curbside Recycling
I. Authorizing Contract – Victory Gardens – Onsite Processing of Yardwaste
10. New Business.
A. Rescheduling First City Council Meeting in November to Wednesday,
November 5, 2014 at 7:00 PM in Town Hall
11. Public Comment. (for public comment on any subject – 5 Minute Time Limit)