The City of Bethlehem uses an independent third party tool to provide automated language translation. As with any machine translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not fully translate text into its intended meaning. Therefore, the City of Bethlehem does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text and it should not be relied upon for anything other than informational purposes. We recommend that if you experience difficulty, or doubt the accuracy of the translation, you contact the proper City of Bethlehem department for the information you seek. Please note that some applications and or services may not work as expected when translated.
BETHLEHEM CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
TUESDAY, October 15, 2013 – 7:00 PM
TOWN HALL – 10 EAST CHURCH STREET – BETHLEHEM, PA
Invocation – Pastor Melvin Tatem, Grace Deliverance Church
Pledge to the Flag.
1. Roll Call.
Honoring – Dean Badman
Cheryl A. Motko
Prior to the consideration of the regular Agenda items, City Council will conduct a Public Hearing to consider the Proposed 2014 CDBG and HOME Programs.
2. Approval of Minutes – October 1, 2013
3. Public Comment. (for public comment on Ordinances and Resolutions to be voted on by Council this evening – 5 Minute Time Limit)
4. Old Business.
A. Old Business – Members of Council
B. Tabled Items
C. Unfinished Business
1. Request for Public Hearing – Proposed Southside Bethlehem Community
A. Director of Public Works – PennDOT Turnback Agreement
– South New Street from
Third Street to Fourth Street
B. Director of Budget and Finance – 2013 State Aid – Pension
C. Director of Water and Sewer Resources – Application for Financial Assistance –
Pennvest – Wastewater Treatment Plant
D. City Solicitor – Parking Authority - Amending Articles of Incorporation -
E. City Solicitor – Highway Safety Grant Contract – Resolution
A. President of Council
1. Administrative Order – Tiana Shekari – Civil
Service Board – Police
2. Administrative Order – Alfonsas A. Bernotas, Jr. – Sister City Commission
3. Administrative Order – Katherine Burd – Sister City Commission
4. Administrative Order – Mary Mulder – Fine Arts Commission
C. Community Development Committee (Mr. DiGiacinto)
7. Ordinances for Final Passage.
8. New Ordinances.
A. Approving Allocations - 2013 Pension State Aid
B. Certificate of Appropriateness – 443 High Street (Postponed September 3, 2013)
C. Authorizing Submission of Financial Assistance – Pennvest – Wastewater Treatment
D. Declaration of Official Intent – Interim Financing – Sewer System Project
E. Certificate of Appropriateness – 29 East Market Street
F. Certificate of Appropriateness – 449 Linden Street
G. Certificate of Appropriateness – 452-460 Main Street
H. Supporting Creation of Rail Transit Authority
10. New Business.
A. Rescheduling First City Council Meeting in November –
November 6, 2013
11. Public Comment. (for public comment on any subject – 5 Minute Time Limit)