The City of Bethlehem uses an independent third party tool to provide automated language translation. As with any machine translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not fully translate text into its intended meaning. Therefore, the City of Bethlehem does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text and it should not be relied upon for anything other than informational purposes. We recommend that if you experience difficulty, or doubt the accuracy of the translation, you contact the proper City of Bethlehem department for the information you seek. Please note that some applications and or services may not work as expected when translated.
BETHLEHEM CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
TUESDAY, JULY 16, 2013 – 7:00 PM
TOWN HALL – 10 EAST CHURCH STREET – BETHLEHEM, PA
Invocation – Reverend Robert Bast, Emmanuel Evangelical Congregational Church
Pledge to the Flag.
1. Roll Call.
CITATION – Honoring Mark A. Surber
Prior to the consideration of the regular Agenda items, City Council will conduct two Public Hearings, as follows:
- Public Hearing to consider a request to rezone 2344 Center
Street in the vicinity of the unopened portion of Langhorne
Avenue and Kirkland Village from I –Institutional to
R-RC – Residential Retirement Complex, in the 14th Ward of the City of Bethlehem, Northampton County, Pennsylvania, totaling approximately 4.7781 acres.
A. Director of Planning and Zoning – Zoning Map Amendment
– Portion of 2344
Center Street owned by First Presbyterian Church – I Institutional to RRC Residential
B. Lehigh Valley Planning Commission – Zoning Map Amendment – 2344 Center
- Public Hearing to review and accept public comment on the proposed use of funds to be received under the 2013 Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) in the amount of $32,445, of which up to $21,127 is allocated to the City of Bethlehem. The remaining $11,318 is allocated to the City of Easton for whom the City of Bethlehem serves as fiscal agent as required by federal guidelines. For serving as fiscal agent, the City of Bethlehem will receive an administrative fee of $1,131.
2. Approval of Minutes – July 2, 2013
3. Public Comment. (for public comment on Ordinances and Resolutions to be voted on by Council this evening – 5 Minute Time Limit)
4. Old Business.
A. Old Business – Members of Council
B. Tabled Items
C. Unfinished Business
C. Director of Planning and Zoning – Miscellaneous
Zoning Ordinance Amendments
D. Intermunicipal Liquor License Transfer Request – McCarthy’s Irish Pub, Inc. –
534 Main Street
A. President of Council
7. Ordinances for Final Passage.
8. New Ordinances.
A. Bill No. 19 – 2013 – Establishing Article 1732 – Abandoned Real Property
A. Authorizing 2013 Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG)
B. Authorizing License Agreement – Lehigh and Northampton Transportation
Authority – Bus Shelters
C. Authorizing Use Permit Agreement Amendment – ArtsQuest – Festival Sites –
10. New Business.
11. Public Comment. (for public comment on any subject – 5 Minute Time Limit)