The City of Bethlehem uses an independent third party tool to provide automated language translation. As with any machine translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not fully translate text into its intended meaning. Therefore, the City of Bethlehem does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text and it should not be relied upon for anything other than informational purposes. We recommend that if you experience difficulty, or doubt the accuracy of the translation, you contact the proper City of Bethlehem department for the information you seek. Please note that some applications and or services may not work as expected when translated.
BETHLEHEM CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
TUESDAY, JULY 6, 2010 - 7:00 PM
TOWN HALL – 10 EAST CHURCH STREET – BETHLEHEM, PA
1. Invocation – Reverend Wayne Killian, University Parish of Holy Ghost Church
2. Pledge to the Flag.
3. Roll Call.
Citations – Honoring William Bond
John D. Rohal
1. City Council will conduct a Public Hearing to receive public comment on the Application for the Intermunicipal Transfer of Restaurant Liquor License Number R-19545 owned by Woodland Hills Golf Course, Inc., formerly licensed to conduct business at 4166 Lower Saucon Road, Lower Saucon Township, Northampton County, Pennsylvania to Big Woody’s Pizza and Sports Bar, 2625 Easton Avenue, Bethlehem, Northampton County, Pennsylvania, as required under Pennsylvania Liquor Code 47 P.S. Section 4-461 (b.3).
2. City Council will conduct a Public Hearing to review and accept public comment on the proposed use of funds to be received under the 2010 Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) in the amount of $59,161, of which $36,865 is allocated to the City of Bethlehem. The remaining $22,296 is allocated to the City of Easton for whom the City of Bethlehem serves as fiscal agent as required by federal guidelines. For serving as fiscal agent, the City of Bethlehem will receive an administrative fee of $2,229, which represents ten percent (10%) of the City of Easton’s JAG funding.
7A. Lt. Ashley Heiberger – 2010 Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG)
4. Approval of Minutes – June 15, 2010
5. Courtesy of the Floor. (for public comment on Ordinances and Resolutions to be voted on by Council this evening – 5 Minute Time Limit)
6. Old Business.
A. Tabled Items
B. Unfinished Business
1. Establishing Article 1716 – Landmarks and Properties of Historical Interest
(Assigned to Preservation Plan Task Force)
C. Old Business – Members of Council
B. President Donchez and Council Member Dolan – Amending
Section 1325.02 – Zoning Hearing Board – Increasing Number of Members
C. Police Commissioner – Special Event Parking – Musikfest 2010
D. President Donchez and Council Member Reynolds – Amending Article 725 – Lost
or Stolen Firearms
E. Director of Water and Sewer Resources – H20 PA Grant – Wastewater Treatment
F. City Solicitor – Lease Agreement – Police Substation – 745 Linden Street
A. President of Council
9. Ordinances for Final Passage:
A. Bill No. 17 – 2010 – Amending Community Development
Budget – HUD Allocation and Reprogramming of Funds
B. Bill No. 18 – 2010 – Amending Article 531 – Parking Generally
C. Bill No. 19 – 2010 – Amending Article 533 – Parking Meters
10. New Ordinances.
A. Certificate of Appropriateness – 926 Prospect Avenue
B. Certificate of Appropriateness – 322 East Third Street
C. Certificate of Appropriateness – 29 East Third Street
D. Certificate of Approval – Vendor Cart – 15 West Fourth Street
E. Authorizing Grant Application – Wastewater Treatment Plant
F. Approving Intermunicipal Liquor License Transfer – 2625 Easton Avenue
12. New Business.
13. Courtesy of the Floor. (for public comment on any subject – 5 Minute Time Limit)