The City of Bethlehem uses an independent third party tool to provide automated language translation. As with any machine translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not fully translate text into its intended meaning. Therefore, the City of Bethlehem does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text and it should not be relied upon for anything other than informational purposes. We recommend that if you experience difficulty, or doubt the accuracy of the translation, you contact the proper City of Bethlehem department for the information you seek. Please note that some applications and or services may not work as expected when translated.
BETHLEHEM CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, FEBRUARY 03, 2009 - 7:00 PM
TOWN HALL – 10 EAST CHURCH STREET – BETHLEHEM, PA
1. Invocation – Rev. Mgr. William H. Baver, Sts. Simon and Jude Church
2. Pledge to the Flag.
3. Roll Call.
Citation – Honoring Joan Schrei
Prior to the consideration of the regular Agenda items, City Council will conduct a Public Hearing to receive public comment on the Application for the Intermunicipal Transfer of Restaurant Liquor License Number R-15919 owned by Merlo Restaurant Group, LLC, formerly licensed to conduct business at 135 Spring Street, Nazareth, Northampton County, Pennsylvania to One East Broad Street, Suite 200, Bethlehem, Northampton County, Pennsylvania, as required under Pennsylvania Liquor Code 47 P.S. Section 4-461 (b.3).
4. Approval of Minutes – January 20, 2009
5. Courtesy of the Floor. (for public comment on Ordinances and Resolutions to be voted on by Council this evening – 5 Minute Time Limit)
6. Old Business.
A. Tabled Items
B. Unfinished Business
1. Establishing Article 314 – Security Cameras
2. Political Contributions and Expenditures – Proposed Ordinance
3. Gift of Real Estate – LVIP
4. Recreation Fees – Proposed Increases
5. Bill No. 28 – 2008 – Amending Zoning Ordinance – Various Sections
6. Establishing Article 1716 – Landmarks and Properties of Historical Interest
C. Old Business – Members of Council
A. Council Member Leeson – Proposed New City Ordinance
– Bond Issue Items – Subject Matter Restrictions
B. Director of Planning and Zoning – Street Vacation – Portions of North Street, Marshall Street and Clinton Street
C. Director of Water and Sewer Resources – H20 PA Grant Application – Sewage
Treatment Plant Renovations
D. City Solicitor – Use Permit Agreement for Public Property – American Association of University Women, Bethlehem Branch – 2009 Book Fair
E. City Solicitor – Records Destruction Resolution – Police Department
F. City Solicitor – Records Destruction Resolution – Tax Bureau
G. Housing and Community Development Planner – Neighborhood Stabilization
Program – Grant Application
A. President of Council.
1. Councilmanic Appointment– Recreation Commission – Robin Metzler
9. Ordinances for Final Passage:
10. New Ordinances:
A. Authorizing H20 PA Grant Application – Sewage Treatment
B. Certificate of Appropriateness – 217 Broadway
C. Certificate of Appropriateness – 2 West Third Street
D. Certificate of Appropriateness – 701 East Fourth Street
12. New Business.
13. Courtesy of the Floor. (for public comment on any subject – 5 Minute Time Limit)