The City of Bethlehem uses an independent third party tool to provide automated language translation. As with any machine translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not fully translate text into its intended meaning. Therefore, the City of Bethlehem does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text and it should not be relied upon for anything other than informational purposes. We recommend that if you experience difficulty, or doubt the accuracy of the translation, you contact the proper City of Bethlehem department for the information you seek. Please note that some applications and or services may not work as expected when translated.
september 7, 2004- 7:30 PM - TOWN HALl
1. Invocation – Pastor Ron Rice – Advent Moravian Church
2. Pledge to the Flag.
3. Roll Call.
* Public Hearings
4. Approval of Minutes – August 17, 2004.
5. Courtesy of the Floor. (for public comment on Ordinances and Resolutions to be voted on by Council this evening)
6. Old Business.
A. Police Commissioner – 2004 Local Law Enforcement
B. Planning Commission – Rezoning South Mountain – CS, RM and RG to RR – Residential
C. Lehigh Valley Planning Commission – Rezoning South Mountain – CS, RM and RG to RR – Residential
D. Public Works Director – Winter Traffic Services Agreement 2004 – 2009 – PennDOT
E. Assistant City Solicitor – Records Destruction – Police Department
F. Bethlehem Parking Authority Executive Director – Amending Article 534 –
Residential Parking Permit Zone “K”
G. Community and Economic Development Director – LERTA Ordinances
A. President of Council.
C. Finance Committee (Mr. Donchez)
9. Ordinances for Final Passage:
10. New Ordinances:
A. Bill No. 36 – 2004 – Amending General Fund
Budget – Medical Expenses and Fire Department –
B. Bill No. 37 – 2004 – Maintaining Liability Insurance - $10 Million Minimum
A. Transfer of Funds – Non-Utility Capital Budget
– Building Maintenance – Truck
B. Transfer of Funds – Golf Course – Temporary Help
C. Transfer of Funds- Communications Center – Overtime
D. Transfer of Funds – Water Fund – Collection and Treatment – Overtime
E. Transfer of Funds – Water Control – Overtime
F. Transfer of Funds – Water Capital Budget – Sidewalk/Trench Restoration
G. Transfer of Funds – Recycling Bureau - Overtime
H. Certificate of Appropriateness – 13-15 East Third Street
I. Certificate of Appropriateness – 17 East Third Street
J. Certificate of Appropriateness – 316 Brodhead Avenue
K. Certificate of Appropriateness – 13 East Fourth Street
12. New Business.
13. Courtesy of the Floor. (for public comment on any subject)
* Prior to the consideration of the regular Agenda items, City Council will conduct three Public Hearings, as follows:
1. Local Law Enforcement Block Grant: $3,700 – Overtime for Schools, Parks, and targeted neighborhoods; $2,000 – Crime Prevention Programs; $6,666 – Bicycle Unit purchases; $6,667 Computer purchases; $2,000 – Training.
2. 2004 CDBG Program Amendment: $23,500 – South Side Lighting Improvements; $2,500 – North Side Planning; $60,000 - South Side Greenway.
3. Rezoning South Mountain – CS, RM, and RG to RR