The City of Bethlehem uses an independent third party tool to provide automated language translation. As with any machine translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not fully translate text into its intended meaning. Therefore, the City of Bethlehem does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text and it should not be relied upon for anything other than informational purposes. We recommend that if you experience difficulty, or doubt the accuracy of the translation, you contact the proper City of Bethlehem department for the information you seek. Please note that some applications and or services may not work as expected when translated.
July 6, 2004- 7:30 PM - TOWN HALl
1. Invocation – Heather Janules, Intern Minister,
Unitarian Universalist Church of the
2. Pledge to the Flag.
3. Roll Call.
* Public Hearings
4. Approval of Minutes – June 15, 2004.
5. Courtesy of the Floor. (for public comment on Ordinances and Resolutions to be voted on by Council this evening)
6. Old Business.
A. Director of Planning and Zoning – Rezoning Request
– Schoenersville Road –
PI - Planned Industrial to CS – Shopping Center
B. Lehigh Valley Planning Commission – Rezoning Request – Schoenersville Road –
PI – Planned Industrial to CS – Shopping Center
C. Director of Planning and Zoning – Zoning Text Amendment – Shopping Center District Regulations – Revisions
D. Lehigh Valley Planning Commission – Zoning Text Amendment – Shopping Center
District Regulations – Revisions
E. City Clerk – Repealing Codified Ordinances – Articles 709 and 1711
F. Police Commissioner - Reimbursement - Police Officers Training
G. City Solicitor – Amendment to Use Permit Agreement - Musikfest
H. City Solicitor – Lease Agreement – Adams Outdoor Advertising
I. Director of Planning and Zoning – License Agreement – Bethlehem Area School
District – Grenadier Boulevard Right of Way
J. Police Commissioner – Special Event Parking – Musikfest
K. Director of Parks and Public Property – Norfolk Southern Railroad – Lease
A. President of Council.
C. Finance Committee (Mr. Donchez)
9. Ordinances for Final Passage:
10. New Ordinances:
A. Bill No. 23 – 2004 - Rezoning Arden and Ravena
Streets – I – Institutional to RG – Residential
B. Bill No. 24 – 2004 – Amending Non-Utility Capital Budget – Illick’s Mill
C. Bill No. 25 – 2004 – Amending General Fund Budget – Equitable Sharing and Recycling Bureau – Equipment Repairs - Fleet
D. Bill No. 26 – 2004 – Bond Issue – Purchase of Street Lights
A. Approving Records Destruction – Tax Bureau
B. Transfer of Funds – Tax Bureau – Temporary Help
C. Transfer of Funds – Water Filtration Plant – Departmental Contracts
D. Transfer of Funds – Health Bureau – Bioterrorism Program Grant
E. Transfer of Funds – Redevelopment Authority and Five Year Consolidated Plan
F. Requesting Reimbursement – Police Officers Training
G. Certificate of Appropriateness – 316 S. New Street
H. Certificate of Appropriateness – 24 W. Third Street
12. New Business.
13. Courtesy of the Floor. (for public comment on any subject)
*Prior to the consideration of the regular Agenda items, three Public Hearings will be conducted, as follows:
1. To consider an amendment to the City of Bethlehem’s 2004 Action Plan to reprogram $17,500 of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds from unexpended funds from activities funded in prior years (2002 and 2003) and use the funds to create a new activity, ADA Improvements – Senior Centers of Bethlehem.
2. To consider a request of a developer and of the City of Bethlehem to rezone from PI – Planned Industrial District to CS - Shopping Center District various tracts of land, as follows: developer request – bounded on the west by lands of Davis Realty and LCIDA, on the north by lands of LMK Manufacturing and Republic-Bethlehem LP, on the east by Schoenersville Road, LR 48049, and on the south by U.S. Route 22; City of Bethlehem request – bounded on the west by lands of Harvey Industries and Liberty Property Limited Partnership and City Line Place, on the north by Avenue C, on the east by Schoenersville Road, LR 48049, and on the south by lands of Ruth Marcon and Republic-Bethlehem LP.
3. To consider Amendments to the Zoning Ordinance regarding permitted use and height provisions in the CS – Shopping Center District.