The City of Bethlehem uses an independent third party tool to provide automated language translation. As with any machine translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not fully translate text into its intended meaning. Therefore, the City of Bethlehem does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text and it should not be relied upon for anything other than informational purposes. We recommend that if you experience difficulty, or doubt the accuracy of the translation, you contact the proper City of Bethlehem department for the information you seek. Please note that some applications and or services may not work as expected when translated.
October 7, 2003- 7:30 PM - TOWN HALL
1. Invocation – Pastor Jack Groblewski – New Covenant Christian Community
2. Pledge to the Flag.
3. Roll Call.
Citations – Honoring John Confalone
Honoring Allan J. Hoppey
Honoring Jose Ruiz
Honoring Craig J. Stefko
* Public Hearings
4. Approval of Minutes – September 16, 2003.
5. Courtesy of the Floor. (for public comment on ordinances
resolutions to be voted on by Council this evening)
6. Old Business.
A. Mayor James A. Delgrosso – Vacation and Severance
Pay Policy for Non- Classified Employees
B. Public Works Director – Fourth Street Reconstruction Project – Federal Aid Reimbursement Agreement
C. Public Works Director – Fourth and Hayes Streets – Traffic Signal Maintenance Agreement
D. City Clerk – Amending Article 107 – Emergency Medical Services Bureau
E. Deputy Director of Economic Development - Non-Profit Façade Program
A. President of Council.
1. Administrative Order – Marlene Fowler – Fine Arts Commission
C. Finance Committee (Mr. Callahan)
D. Public Works Committee (Mr. Gregory)
E. Human Resources and Environment Committee (Mr. Arcelay)
9. Ordinances for Final Passage:
A. Bill No. 40 – 2003 – Amending General Fund
Budget – Streets Bureau – Overtime and Supplies
B. Bill No. 41 – 2003 – Amending Sewer Fund Budget – Insurance Reimbursement
10. New Ordinances:
A. Bill No. 42 – 2003 – Amending Water Fund
Budget – Water Treatment Plant Residuals
B. Bill No. 43 – 2003 – Amending Article 1302 – Height of a Structure
C. Bill No. 44 – 2003 – Amending Article 1309 – Institutional District – Arena
D. Bill No. 45 – 2003 – Amending Article 1318 – Front and Rear
Yards – Porches and Decks
E. Bill No. 46 – 2003 – Amending Article 1320 – Signs
F. Bill No. 47 – 2003 – Amending Article 1322 – Location of Buildings and Arenas
A. Certificate of Appropriateness – 127 East Fourth
B. Certificate of Appropriateness – 516 East Fourth Street
C. Certificate of Appropriateness – 4 West Fourth Street
D. Certificate of Appropriateness – 13 West Third Street
E. Approving Façade and Building Improvement Program and Project Loans
F. Authorizing Execution of Local Law Enforcement Block Grant – Community Policing
G. Appointing Local Law Enforcement Block Grant Advisory Board
H. Adopting Vacation and Severance Pay Policy – Non-Classified Employees
I. Authorizing Execution of Contribution Agreement – Fourth Street Reconstruction Project
J. Authorizing Execution of Traffic Signal Maintenance Agreement – Fourth and Hayes Street
12. New Business.
13. Courtesy of the Floor. (for public comment on any subject)
* Prior to the consideration of the regular Agenda items, City Council will conduct three Public Hearings, as follows:
1. Intermunicipal Transfer of Liquor License R-16360 from Borough of Bangor to City of Bethlehem.
2. Proposed Action Plan for Fiscal Year 2004 that includes funding under the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnership Programs.
3. 2003 Local Law Enforcement Block Grant